Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does “make PDF” do

I’m using an iPad, and I’ve been trying to figure out how to save web pages as PDFs rather than just sharing the link. I assumed Make PDF would do it. It looks like it’s “making a pdf” but then no instructions after I get a little check mark presumably telling me it’s done. Where do I find the pdf? I assumed it would been in Files but it’s not.

I’ve tried print to see if I can save as PDF but no luck.

What am I missing here? 😀 It doesn’t seem very intuitive.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Posted on Mar 28, 2023 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2023 4:49 PM

It's basically liking printing a page to a printer, except to a file that would represent what would go to a printer. If you have a web page, it should have everything, including what might not be in your current view.

n

At least with iPadOS 16 you tap on the box with the upward arrow. Then tap on Options and check PDF. The "Save to Files". I just tried on mine and I saw all my options pop up. My default is in Downloads. It's supposed to show where it could be saved before you hit Save.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2023 4:49 PM in response to stayseeable

It's basically liking printing a page to a printer, except to a file that would represent what would go to a printer. If you have a web page, it should have everything, including what might not be in your current view.

n

At least with iPadOS 16 you tap on the box with the upward arrow. Then tap on Options and check PDF. The "Save to Files". I just tried on mine and I saw all my options pop up. My default is in Downloads. It's supposed to show where it could be saved before you hit Save.

Mar 28, 2023 4:54 PM in response to stayseeable

Where are you seeing Make pdf? Is this in an app?

Try this. Take a screenshot of a webpage, tap on the screenshot in the bottom left corner of the screen to expand the screenshot. Then select Full Page at the top of the screen. Next, tap on Done in the upper left corner of the screen and select Save pdf to Files. When the Files app opens, select a location in which to save the pdf.

What does “make PDF” do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.