Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cancel an Apple Cash transfer

I was scammed from the guy on the street March 26 in Miami Downtown. The guy sold me ticket for Ultra festival and ticket was fake. I ask you to cancel Apple Cash transfer to that guy. I called to your support team but they didn't help me. I ask you to open case and dispute transaction. Thank you.

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone XS, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 1:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 2:10 PM

Hello ~ Take a look here by clicking on below…

Send and receive money with Apple Cash - Apple Support*

*How to cancel or dispute a payment

1. Open the Messages app, then open the conversation and tap the payment.
  2. Your Apple Cash card will open in the Wallet app. Under Latest Transactions, tap the payment, then tap it again.
  3. Tap Cancel Payment.

If you don't see Cancel Payment, the person has already accepted the payment. Try asking the recipient to send the money back to you instead.

It might take 1-3 business days for the money to be refunded, depending on your bank or card issuer.

Apple Cash person to person payments are just like any other private transaction between two people, so only send and receive money with people you know. If you have questions or concerns about a transaction, please contact us.

You can try to contact Apple but for all intents and purposes it’s very likely you will not get your money back. It’s the same as handing a stranger cash and expecting them to return it.

~Katana-San~

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2023 2:10 PM in response to Iuliia-Laura

Hello ~ Take a look here by clicking on below…

Send and receive money with Apple Cash - Apple Support*

*How to cancel or dispute a payment

1. Open the Messages app, then open the conversation and tap the payment.
  2. Your Apple Cash card will open in the Wallet app. Under Latest Transactions, tap the payment, then tap it again.
  3. Tap Cancel Payment.

If you don't see Cancel Payment, the person has already accepted the payment. Try asking the recipient to send the money back to you instead.

It might take 1-3 business days for the money to be refunded, depending on your bank or card issuer.

Apple Cash person to person payments are just like any other private transaction between two people, so only send and receive money with people you know. If you have questions or concerns about a transaction, please contact us.

You can try to contact Apple but for all intents and purposes it’s very likely you will not get your money back. It’s the same as handing a stranger cash and expecting them to return it.

~Katana-San~

Mar 29, 2023 1:50 AM in response to Iuliia-Laura

Dispute a charge to your Apple Card

1. On your iPhone, open the Wallet app. ... 
  2. Tap Apple Card.
  3. Under Latest Transactions, find and tap the transaction that you want to dispute.
  4. Under Transaction History, tap the transaction again.
  5. Tap Report an Issue.
  6. Select the issue that you're experiencing, then tap Continue.

More items...

Dispute a charge to your Apple Card

Mar 29, 2023 1:50 AM in response to Iuliia-Laura

Iuliia-Laura wrote:

I ask you to cancel Apple Cash transfer to that guy. I called to your support team but they didn't help me. I ask you to open case and dispute transaction. Thank you.

This is a user-to-user forum.

Apple Support Community Forum

This is Apple Support Community forum, for user-to-user interaction for information & idea sharing between users, if need be, extend support on technical know-how in handling Apple products from more experienced fellow users, This is not the right forum to discuss with Apple Inc.

Cancel an Apple Cash transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.