Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Important e-mails always filtered as "Junk". How do I prevent it?

I'm trying to figure out a way to prevent iCloud mail from filtering a message from a particular address to always be filtered as "Junk" despite having their address in the contacts and also having it marked as a VIP contact.

So far, nobody has been able to solve this problem, and I'm still looking for any solutions to prevent it from filtering important messages as Junk.

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 3:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 6:22 AM

Follow the step by step process given in the GIF below

4 replies

Mar 29, 2023 6:36 AM in response to SravanKrA

Yes, this is one of the most common advices found everywhere on the internet and have done this hundreds of times throughout the years, every time I receive the message from this particular sender, and I swear this DOES NOT work at all. Every single e-mail I receive thereafter, will also be filtered as Junk - not a single e-mail has been directed to the inbox.

It would be best to know how I can turn off the junk filtering altogether. I'd rather receive junk in my inbox rather than missing important messages wrongly being filtered as Junk.

Apr 14, 2023 3:21 AM in response to Tomas Vrabec

You're absolutely right, but even the professionals suggest the same 'move-to-inbox' method that simply does not work and haven't seen a solution to this for years.

It's even marked as "Apple Recommended" now, though the recommendation doesn't work at all - does Apple not know this??

Do you know of any way to stop the servers from marking important e-mails as Junk, or to just stop the whole unreliable filter? It's better to get Junk in your inbox rather than missing important messages.

Important e-mails always filtered as "Junk". How do I prevent it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.