Mail from contacts and VIPs going to spam folder

How do I prevent any incoming mail where the sender is either in my contacts, a VIP, or both from going into my junk/spam folder? This keeps on happening, even with mail coming from senders for whom this has not happenned in the past. I've gone through all the rules I've set up and can find nothing which would cause this to happen.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 18, 2023 10:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2023 5:55 AM

The most common reason for this is that the mail was marked as spam at the server. This will take precedence over anything else. You could try and change this by unchecking "Trust junk mail headers in messages" in Mail->Settings->Junk Mail.

5 replies

Sep 19, 2023 4:28 AM in response to Wet Baloney

Wet Baloney wrote:

How do I prevent any incoming mail where the sender is either in my contacts, a VIP, or both from going into my junk/spam folder? This keeps on happening, even with mail coming from senders for whom this has not happenned in the past. I've gone through all the rules I've set up and can find nothing which would cause this to happen.

Has the user ( you ) inadvertently marked the Sender(s) as Blocked ?

Mail >> Setting >> Junk Mail tab

Refer to below image of some of my Blocked senders

Sep 19, 2023 7:00 AM in response to Wet Baloney

Building on @. Luis Sequeira1 suggestion that " marked as spam at the server ".

My wife using our ISP mail service - I do not.

There are times when she will receive an e-mail with the appended SPAM to Subject Line of the e-mail.

When that occurs, her Windows Computer e-mail client auto moves the Good e-mail to Spam Folder

Mail from contacts and VIPs going to spam folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.