Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since upgrading my macOS to 10.15.7 I can no longer open Microsoft Word.

I have bought the MS Word bundle. But since upgrading my Mac OS to 10.15.7 I can no longer open MS Word. Please advise.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 2:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 4:15 PM

If you subscribe to Microsoft 365, have a look at this link. I downloaded and installed the file that contains Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Outlook, and they work just fine. As far as I can see, the only drawback is that Microsoft keeps telling me that updates are available, presumably for updated versions of the apps which, of course, do not work on Catalina.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/office-365-on-mac-os-catalina/82b8e0c3-d364-4bb3-82e3-5c291ff0ac42

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2023 4:15 PM in response to ennis

If you subscribe to Microsoft 365, have a look at this link. I downloaded and installed the file that contains Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Outlook, and they work just fine. As far as I can see, the only drawback is that Microsoft keeps telling me that updates are available, presumably for updated versions of the apps which, of course, do not work on Catalina.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/office-365-on-mac-os-catalina/82b8e0c3-d364-4bb3-82e3-5c291ff0ac42

Mar 29, 2023 2:29 PM in response to ennis

The 32-bit versions of Office 2011 and 2016 for Mac are not supported on macOS Catalina, and as Microsoft no longer supports Catallna for new installations/updates of currently supported Microsoft 365 and Office 2021 for Mac, you will need to consider a third-party Office clone to continue working on your existing Office documents. Some options:

If you never installed Apple's Pages, Numbers, or Keynote applications from the Mac App Store since Fall 2013, then you cannot get these for macOS Catalina. If you have, then you can get older versions of these Apple applications that were compatible with Catalina, though as they are not clones of their Microsoft counterparts, you may have used features in your existing documents that Apple's applications cannot translate on opening.

Since upgrading my macOS to 10.15.7 I can no longer open Microsoft Word.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.