Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

touch id is not working on ipad. I erased and tried to add again, but no luck.

I have tried all troubleshooting to get my Touch ID to work, but nothing works. Does anyone have any reason why?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 7:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 6:37 AM

Start here >>>

Some users just have difficulty using TouchID. The causes for of TouchID being unreliable for some users - and not others - are many. Whilst not an exhaustive list, possibilities include:

• Very high humidity (“sweaty” fingers)
  • Very low humidity (excessively dry skin)
  • Poor fingerprint ridge-detail (excessive hand washing - or exposure to abrasive material, damaging fingerprint detail)
  • Physical injury (cuts or splits to the fingertip)

If you have naturally dry skin, try using a “light” (non greasy) and easily absorbed skin moisturiser.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2023 6:37 AM in response to Desertgurl

Start here >>>

Some users just have difficulty using TouchID. The causes for of TouchID being unreliable for some users - and not others - are many. Whilst not an exhaustive list, possibilities include:

• Very high humidity (“sweaty” fingers)
  • Very low humidity (excessively dry skin)
  • Poor fingerprint ridge-detail (excessive hand washing - or exposure to abrasive material, damaging fingerprint detail)
  • Physical injury (cuts or splits to the fingertip)

If you have naturally dry skin, try using a “light” (non greasy) and easily absorbed skin moisturiser.

touch id is not working on ipad. I erased and tried to add again, but no luck.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.