Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery health

So I bought my son a refurb iPhone 11 128gb . It was grade a looked perfect and is working fine . But… when we got it in dec the battery health was 100% . Now 3 months later the battery health is 89%!!! he is not on it that much so it’s not from crazy use . It has been falling a % or so about every 2 weeks now

I wonder why this is ?

im going to send it back as I purchased on Amazon but it just seems very very odd

any thoughts ?

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 1:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 3:35 AM

It can drop really fast, and it can come to a standstill for months. I had on my old iPhone that it dropped to 90% rather fast, but after that it kept on 90% for almost 3 years. This is not a linear process

4 replies

Mar 30, 2023 1:56 AM in response to bobbymcd

This is normal. Battery health drops with battery usage and charging cycles. As for a refurbished iPhone, it could have a lot of cycles allready. There is no need to worry about this, if it drops below 80% then you can get the battery replaced

See this user tip I wrote a while back for more information on this subject

About battery health on your iPhone - Apple Community

Battery health

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.