Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID

When my cousin received her brand new iPhone 13 Pro Max, she got a new phone number and unfortunately used her Gmail account to set up her iCloud account. Her Gmail account was set up using her old phone number that she doesn't have anymore. Now that she needs to reset her iPhone, Apple wants to send her a verification code through that old phone. After several failed attempts to reset it, she told me, her iPhone 13 Pro Max is showing the message "iPhone locked to owner". However, she does remember her iCloud password.

She came to me with her case for solution. Is there anyone in our community to help me help her out, plz?

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 2:03 PM

to regain access to her account she must go to iforgot.apple.com and log in there with her username and password. There she can reset her trusted phone number

If the iphone remains activation locked after this procedure see this

If she is the original owner of the iPhone she can start  start an Activation Lock support request.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2023 2:03 PM in response to Leseno

to regain access to her account she must go to iforgot.apple.com and log in there with her username and password. There she can reset her trusted phone number

If the iphone remains activation locked after this procedure see this

If she is the original owner of the iPhone she can start  start an Activation Lock support request.

Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.