Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t change password settings for app store

I switched from iphone 6s with touch ID to iphone 11 which doesn’t have that, i now have to enter my password for every app store update and purchase and am unable to change the settings for this. I turned off touch ID on my old phone which is connected to the Internet and icloud still but it did not fix this problem either.

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 11:56 PM

See -> Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad and iPod touch

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)

• Check restrictions -> tap Settings -> Screen Time -> Content & Privacy -> scroll to Allow Changes.

5 replies

Mar 30, 2023 4:45 PM in response to Raicya

Unfortunately I am unable to change those settings (they are greyed out and I am unable to change them). On my previous phone I couldn’t change these settings because i had touch ID enabled and it automatically requires ID every time. I had that setting enabled still when I set up my iphone 11 which does not have touch ID. I never set up face ID which this phone has and do not want to use that feature ever. I turned off touch ID on my old phone hoping that would fix the problem but it did not. I then signed out of my apple ID on that phone and it still did not fix the problem.

Can’t change password settings for app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.