Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repeated popup error "There is no application set to open..."

Please help me fix this issue: Yesterday, I started getting a popup error (see screenshot) that automatically repeats itself rapidly, whenever I go to ANY Safari website that requires me to enter information (i.e., login info, customer info, payment, etc.). This is not specific to one website, but every website anytime I enter info. Here's what I've done, with no results:

• Updated to the latest software (macOS Ventura 13.3)
  • Cleared all history (cache, cookies, etc.) in Safari
  • Ran CleanMyMac
  • Ran Quick Scan in Kaspersky Internet Security
  • Restarted
  • Powered off and restarted

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 13.3

Posted on Mar 31, 2023 1:05 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 31, 2023 2:32 AM in response to 38Truck

Part 1 or 2

There are no known Windows-like Viruses in the wild that self replicate and affect macOS, because of the underling UNIX  Foundation and Permission Limitation. 

Additionally, in macOS 11 Big Sur, macOS 12 Monterey and macOS 13 Ventura. 

The Operating System resides in a Sealed and Read Only Volume that can not be opened by the User nor by Third Party Applications.

The only Entity that can open and modify or alter this Volume is Apple.

That would occur when a update or UpGrade is performed.

The Only thing this Antivirus software is protecting is the Bank Account of the Developers and for zero return to the User aside from the problems this software creates.

AntiVirus Developers purposefully Market their product to create a “ Fear Factor “. In so doing, creating a False Need for their Product.

The The Built in Security  is all that is required to protect the computer.

Part 2 of 2

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS,  is an invitation for disaster and comprise the Operating System

Certain Applications maybe available on the Apple Apps Store - this only means the Developer is prepared to pay Apple a portion on each sale. What the Application may do to the computer is up to the User to check this out before purchase

Any of the below should be removed as per Developers Instructions 

1 - Disk Cleaner 

This will include CleanMyMac , aka “ BrickMyMac “

Search - Apple Community

Read some of the posting and arrive at your own conclusions.

Mar 31, 2023 4:01 AM in response to 38Truck

Check with Kaspersky website for an uninstall utility to completely remove it.

Use the built-in application removal tool inside CleanMyMac to remove CleanMyMac.

In the future, don't use these applications (or any others like them) as they merely cause grief and offer no beneficial solutions except to take away your hard-earned money.

The only Apple Support recommended anti-malware software is Malwarebytes. Only if you feel you really are infected.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/

Repeated popup error "There is no application set to open..."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.