Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove a trust certificate off of my iPhone?

How do I remove a trust certificate off of my phone.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 31, 2023 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 11:40 AM

Hey Etc99,

Is the iPhone your personal device or is it a device from your employment? If it's from your employment, you'll need to contact the system admin to help you with the certificate.

If it's your own device, follow the steps from this article here: Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone

"If you want to turn on SSL/TLS trust for that certificate, go to Settings > General > About > Certificate Trust Settings. Under "Enable full trust for root certificates," turn on trust for the certificate.

iPhone Certificate Trust Settings

Apple recommends deploying certificates via Apple Configurator or Mobile Device Management (MDM). Certificate payloads are automatically trusted for SSL when installed with Configurator, MDM, or as part of an MDM enrollment profile."

See this article for more info: Trust manually installed certificate profiles in iOS and iPadOS

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2023 11:40 AM in response to Etc99

Hey Etc99,

Is the iPhone your personal device or is it a device from your employment? If it's from your employment, you'll need to contact the system admin to help you with the certificate.

If it's your own device, follow the steps from this article here: Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone

"If you want to turn on SSL/TLS trust for that certificate, go to Settings > General > About > Certificate Trust Settings. Under "Enable full trust for root certificates," turn on trust for the certificate.

iPhone Certificate Trust Settings

Apple recommends deploying certificates via Apple Configurator or Mobile Device Management (MDM). Certificate payloads are automatically trusted for SSL when installed with Configurator, MDM, or as part of an MDM enrollment profile."

See this article for more info: Trust manually installed certificate profiles in iOS and iPadOS

Cheers!

How do I remove a trust certificate off of my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.