Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS screen half not responsive to touch

Hi, my iPhone screen’s top half is unresponsive to touch, at first only a small band of horizontal portion of screen wouldn’t touch. And it got immediately fixed after I closed and opened the iPhone. But the area has increased and now more than half of the screen isn’t responsive. And nothing happens when I close, restart the iPhone

iPhone XS

Posted on Apr 1, 2023 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2023 3:53 AM

Rahmkar wrote: "It’s 81% and I have original battery I think. But a replaced screen."

Verify the screen repair provider here:

Repair Provider Verification - Official Apple Support

...And if the result is not a big ✅, then:

iPhone Screen Repair & Replacement

81% max capacity is not healthy and is to be expected in an original iPhone XS battery. Have the weak, aging battery replaced:

iPhone Battery & Power Repair

About genuine iPhone batteries

...Found by searching Apple's Knowledge Base.

õ¿õ¬

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2023 3:53 AM in response to Rahmkar

Rahmkar wrote: "It’s 81% and I have original battery I think. But a replaced screen."

Verify the screen repair provider here:

Repair Provider Verification - Official Apple Support

...And if the result is not a big ✅, then:

iPhone Screen Repair & Replacement

81% max capacity is not healthy and is to be expected in an original iPhone XS battery. Have the weak, aging battery replaced:

iPhone Battery & Power Repair

About genuine iPhone batteries

...Found by searching Apple's Knowledge Base.

õ¿õ¬

Apr 1, 2023 11:22 PM in response to Rahmkar

(1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(2)  After you have executed the Force Restart successfully - Use the 12W charger and see whether the touch sensitivity issue is resolved.

Axel F.

Apr 1, 2023 11:20 PM in response to Axel Foley

ok, this might come as weird but I tried using a different charger for a few minutes (although I’m not sure it is because of that) the new charger is a 5W original Apple adapter for my iPad mini 2 with a third party cable) and to my surprise the area of unresponsiveness has shrunken a little bit.

EDIT #2: No it is not, it’s still back again and increased to the same horizontal line I sent you in the first post. At this point I really don’t know why did this happen. It decreased and increased again.

iPhone XS screen half not responsive to touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.