Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home app badge notifications not showing

This applies to macOS as well as iOS...

I would like badge notifications to show on the Home app, so I can tell at glance (without opening the app) if there are events I need to be aware of. Same as already happens with other apps, such as reminders...

I have Home app badge notifications turned on, but in three years of using Home app, I've never seen one - like for instance when a camera goes offline, or a sensor detects movement.

Am I doing something wrong? Or am I misunderstanding what badge notifications are?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.3

Posted on Apr 2, 2023 3:47 AM

4 replies

Apr 5, 2023 3:33 PM in response to Jagmurcredrea

Greetings Jagmurcredrea,

It sounds like you have some questions about how badge notifications work. According to this resource:

"Badge application icon

Let the app show the number of notifications on its icon in the Dock. For example, Calendar shows a badge on its icon when you receive invitations." Change Notifications settings on Mac

If we have an incorrect understanding of the issue and you're not receiving badge notifications, the following steps are a good place to start:

1. Restart your devices since restarting can help resolve unexpected behaviors. Restart your iPhone and Shut down or restart your Mac
  2. Ensure that your OS is up-to-date, since updates contain fixes. Update your iPhone or iPad and Update macOS on Mac

We hope this helps!

Sincerely.

Home app badge notifications not showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.