Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost all Ringtones

I had to do a factory reset to my iPhone 12. I lost all of my ringtones. Apparently I cannot find a way to put them back. It is really getting annoying. There 69 .m4r files on a Windows 11 laptop, also a micro SD card and also on Google Drive. There appears to be no way to put them back on my iPhone as ringtones. Every place I looked said to use GarageBand or iTunes. iTunes no longer exists and in GarageBand it will not let me load an .m4r file. Does anyone know how to do this or do I have to work with the annoying iPhone sounds? I also have them available on an old Android phone I have and have versions of them as MP3 and M4A.

Posted on Apr 2, 2023 10:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 2:08 AM

iTunes is still available for Windows, you can download iTunes from the Microsoft Store.

Download iTunes from Microsoft Store

If you use a Mac, you must transfer the ringtones via Finder. Quite simply, you just connect your iPhone to your Mac - in the overview where you can see your iPhone's details, backup copies, etc., you just "drag and drop" your M4R files.

If you have the ringtones as MP3 on your Android, you can transfer them to your iPhone in iCloud Drive and turn them into ringtones in Garageband.

You can drag your MP3 files into iCloud Drive here: https://icloud.com - sign in with your Apple ID, open Files and drag your MP3 files in there, you should be able to see them in the Files app on your iPhone, and then turn them into ringtones in Garageband.

I have made a guide for Garageband that you can follow here:

Create Ringtones in Garageband - Apple Community

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2023 2:08 AM in response to daniel6v4

iTunes is still available for Windows, you can download iTunes from the Microsoft Store.

Download iTunes from Microsoft Store

If you use a Mac, you must transfer the ringtones via Finder. Quite simply, you just connect your iPhone to your Mac - in the overview where you can see your iPhone's details, backup copies, etc., you just "drag and drop" your M4R files.

If you have the ringtones as MP3 on your Android, you can transfer them to your iPhone in iCloud Drive and turn them into ringtones in Garageband.

You can drag your MP3 files into iCloud Drive here: https://icloud.com - sign in with your Apple ID, open Files and drag your MP3 files in there, you should be able to see them in the Files app on your iPhone, and then turn them into ringtones in Garageband.

I have made a guide for Garageband that you can follow here:

Create Ringtones in Garageband - Apple Community

Lost all Ringtones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.