Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contact pictures in iMessage

My contacts pictures in iMessages are disappearing. Maybe because the contacts are in my Google Account and not in my iCloud account? I have a Mac, iPhone and iPad, all them share the same contacts. Maybe a sync issue? I am not sure. The contacts are using Apple Memoji.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro (M2 Pro, 2023)

Posted on Apr 2, 2023 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2023 12:19 PM

Hello feijodan,

It's possible that your contacts' pictures in iMessages are disappearing because your contacts are saved in your Google Account instead of your iCloud account. Since all your devices share the same contacts, this could be a syncing issue. Try checking the settings on your Mac and iPad to ensure that they are properly syncing with your phone. You may also want to double-check that all your devices are signed in to the same Google Account and iCloud account, and that you have enabled contact syncing on all your devices. Refer to this article: If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync - Apple Support. If the issue persists, you may want to contact Apple support for further assistance. It's also worth noting that using Apple Memoji for your contacts' pictures shouldn't be causing this issue.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2023 12:19 PM in response to feijodan

Hello feijodan,

It's possible that your contacts' pictures in iMessages are disappearing because your contacts are saved in your Google Account instead of your iCloud account. Since all your devices share the same contacts, this could be a syncing issue. Try checking the settings on your Mac and iPad to ensure that they are properly syncing with your phone. You may also want to double-check that all your devices are signed in to the same Google Account and iCloud account, and that you have enabled contact syncing on all your devices. Refer to this article: If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync - Apple Support. If the issue persists, you may want to contact Apple support for further assistance. It's also worth noting that using Apple Memoji for your contacts' pictures shouldn't be causing this issue.

Contact pictures in iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.