Shortcuts app - Notes

I have Notes that have items that were "scanned" into the note as documents. I'd like to be able to open a scanned document in a note and then run a shortcut from the Share Sheet to do the following:

Open a new email with a specific set of people it goes to, a specific subject and a specific message body. The email should have the document from the note attached as an attachment.

I can get shortcuts to open a new email with populated recipients, subject and body just fine. I can't seem to get the Notes note document I open to attach to the shortcut created email.

I am trying to run the shortcut from the share sheet of the opened document. I thought you could "pass" the document into the shortcut but it doesn't seem to be working.....

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 9:45 AM

3 replies

Apr 25, 2023 12:34 PM in response to douglasehowell

OK.

The following basically works with one exception.

When I open the note I want to mark up and then run the shortcut on, I copy the text from the note that I want as the subject. Doing this, makes the shortcut do exactly what I want. I'd like to eliminate having to copy the text I want from the note to the clipboard though. The text I want as the email subject is always the first seven characters of the first line of the note. Is there a way to code using this as the subject so that I don't have to do a manual copy before running the shortcut?

Shortcuts app - Notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.