Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I get the message "com.apple.extensionKit.errorDomain error 15." on my MacBook Pro macOS Ventura when I try to access Internet Accounts.

When attempting to access Internet Accounts I'm given the error "com.apple.extensionKit.errorDomain error 15."

Any ideas what this is or how to resolve it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.3

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 11:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 3:54 PM

This happens to me when I go to Settings/Privacy & Security there is a sentence below the radial buttons to allow applications from the app store or app store & identified devs, it reads "Some system software requires your attention before it can be used." there's a button below that "Details..."

When I click that an error pops up Settings Error: The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.extensionKit.errorDomain error 15.)

*****, I just spent $20 on an app from the App Store that I can't use until this is fixed.

68 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2023 3:54 PM in response to Equinoqs

This happens to me when I go to Settings/Privacy & Security there is a sentence below the radial buttons to allow applications from the app store or app store & identified devs, it reads "Some system software requires your attention before it can be used." there's a button below that "Details..."

When I click that an error pops up Settings Error: The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.extensionKit.errorDomain error 15.)

*****, I just spent $20 on an app from the App Store that I can't use until this is fixed.

Jun 13, 2023 3:08 AM in response to Equinoqs

I had the same issue with my ethernet settings. However it could be solved as follows:

Go to settings -> network

click on the ... on the right below.

Add a service

Service Name: Ethernet 2

Interface: Ethernet

This will added as "not connected"

"Right" click on Ethernet

Select remove.

The new generated interface gets connected.

It is safe to rename the new interface back to Ethernet

Solved!

Apr 4, 2023 1:02 PM in response to Equinoqs

I have this error too and it's preventing me from accessing my mail normally. It cropped up after I used Migration Assistant to migrate the data from my M1 MacMini to my older Intel MacBook Pro; both machines running Ventura 13.3.

A call to Apple Assistance earlier in the day to try and fix the problem was totally unproductive, although I hadn't seen the "ExtensionKit" error message at that point. The phone connection to the Apple advisor was bad, and after the line dropped she never called me back.

I'd really be grateful for help in fixing this problem.

Apr 20, 2023 5:42 AM in response to Equinoqs

I am encountering the same error as you. It occurs when I follow these steps:

1. Go to System Settings > Internet Accounts.
  2. Select iCloud from the list of accounts.
  3. Navigate to the Apps Using iCloud and then click Show All.
  4. Click on the back button.

Instead of returning to the list of Internet Accounts, I see an error message. However, this error does not happen if I skip any one step from the list above.

I am using an M1 Mac Mini with macOS 13.3.1. Curious what's causing this, and hoping that Apple releases a fix soon.

May 27, 2023 4:24 AM in response to Equinoqs

TL;DR - 1. Go to settings; 2. Search "Wi-Fi" ; 3. Click "Details" 4. Slide "Limit IP Address Tracking" to OFF. 5. Close settings and try operation again.

So I had a similar problem and ended up making it go away... but I'm unsure precisely what I did to fix it.

My equipment load out is MacOS Version 13.4 (22F66) running on a MacBookAir10,1 (MacBook Air M1) with 16 GB. I purposely do NOT have Rosetta installed.

I'll describe the situation and what I did in case it is helpful.

In my case, the "error 15" was coming up when went Settings->Network->Wi-Fi (clicking Wi-Fi brought up the error and then no Wi-Fi settings). Interestingly, I could navigate to the Wi-Fi settings if I searched instead of clicking through Settings->Network.

I did try the following to no avail:

1. Rebooted.
  2. Rebooted into safe mode and try from there.
  3. While in safe mode, ran disk first aid. No help.
  4. Ran Onyx and ran all of it's maintenance and clean up tasks. No help.
  5. There's a reddit post also tracking this issue --- a post there says that they could suppress the error by running the Console app and pressing Start to capture log data. While that did let me see some more about the error (it shows in Console), it did not suppress the error.

The last couple of things I tried that put me back into a work state as I remember:

1. Removed the Wi-Fi service from the Network panel and then re-added it. It still failed.
  2. Went into Wi-Fi settings (by searching, see above), clicked on "Details" on my current Wi-Fi connection, and slid "Limit IP address tracking" from ON to OFF.
  3. After closing settings and returning, everything worked. I can now successfully click through Settings->Network->Wi-Fi with wild abandon.

So... perhaps try turning off "Limit IP address tracking" in Wi-Fi settings?

Aug 2, 2023 4:20 PM in response to gregory83

I had same issue and what I did was from Settings > Network > lower right page (...) > Add Services > Select Interface > Wi-Fi and rename Wi-Fi2 to Wi-Fi and click Create. Now from network view you will see 2 Wi-Fi listed, select the connected one and delete it. Now you will be able to click on Wi-Fi and Details icon without any error.

PS - For me after creating and new Wi-Fi service and deleting the old one, I was able to click on Wi-Fi and Details icon without error, try it. I believe same should apply to any other services that was giving an error after upgrading the MacOS

Apr 4, 2023 2:23 PM in response to Equinoqs

Give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE 1: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

NOTE 2: if you have a wireless keyboard with rechargeable batteries connect it with its charging cable before booting into Safe Mode. This makes it act as a wired keyboard as will insure a successful boot into Safe Mode.

Apr 6, 2023 1:13 PM in response to DSharp_Paris

I get this same error when…

System Settings ➙ Screen Time ➙ Always Allowed (Wait ~15 seconds for list of apps to appear) (Wait ~4 seconds) ExtensionKit.errorDomain error 15

I am unable to delete ANY contacts on my Mac (recently updated from macOS 12.6.4 to 13.3). It was suggested elsewhere that I should check for any restrictions in my Screen Time settings. Which I tried to do and received this ExtensionKit.errorDomain error 15.

Now it looks like I have two problems to resolve‼️

Apr 6, 2023 1:45 PM in response to HirsuteJimbo

You might try this: Boot into the Recovery volume (boot with the Command + R keys held down  - Intel Macs) or  (How to Boot an M1 Mac into Recovery Mode), select Disk Utility and run First Aid on all available volumes. If an error is noted rerun till there is no error noted. Reboot normally and check to see if there's any change.

If that fails, reboot into Recovery volume and reinstall the system.

Apr 6, 2023 11:32 PM in response to DSharp_Paris

I am on a fairly new MBP (recently updated to 13.3). I didn't migrate any data to or from my Mac and still received the error. Seems the error can crop up for a variety of reasons. You had to buy a new Mac? Reinstalling the OS didn't resolve the issue?

If even a reinstall of the OS doesn't solve the issue then this needs to be addressed by Apple quickly.

Jul 5, 2023 10:07 PM in response to Equinoqs

Carky fixed it. Resolved this by doing the following. You'll need the root password (you can reboot normally tho):

# FYI: save all your work you're going to reboot
# cleanup/backup the iCloud/Accounts directory
md ~/Desktop/tempjunk
mv ~/Library/Application\ Support/iCloud/Accounts/* ~/Desktop/tempjunk
# reboot and then first try to open Facetime, it should save and view your internet accounts.
sudo shutdown -r now

Sep 7, 2023 9:36 AM in response to Equinoqs

I had the same problem. These steps solved it for me, completely.

1. Back up your data in an external hard disk. Complete. Simple copy-paste. Whatever's there.
  2. Go to 'System Settings' > 'Transfer or Reset' > 'Erase All Content and Settings.
  3. Follow the on-screen prompts, and completely reset your MacBook. This will permanently delete your personal data (hence, the backup in Step 1), and will make your MacBook, as if it was out of the box, completely new.
  4. This should do it.

Again, make sure to simply backup your data in an external hard disk; a simple copy-paste.

Hope it helped. It did for me.

I get the message "com.apple.extensionKit.errorDomain error 15." on my MacBook Pro macOS Ventura when I try to access Internet Accounts.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.