Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SD card adaptor not importing photos

Just within the last week, my iPhone 13 is not allowing pictures to be imported from the SD card (via adaptor) to my photos. I have turned my phone off and on. I have bought a new adaptor, thinking that was the problem, which it is not. I have tried getting into Files - then Browse - then clicking on the adaptor. The length of time it takes to import like 10 pictures is absolutely ridiculous. How can this be fixed by Apple? I'm assuming this occurred with a new update. Any other suggestions I have found on the internet have not worked at all. Help!

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 8:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 9:03 AM

You can import photos and videos from an SD card, digital camera, or other supported accessory to your iOS device using one of these:

• Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader
  • Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
  • Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
  • Apple USB-C to SD Card Reader

If you have an iPhone 5 or later, it needs iOS 9.2 or later. If you have an iPod touch or iPhone 4s, it needs iOS 9.3. If you're using a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter, you need an iPad with iOS 9.3.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2023 9:03 AM in response to sportsphotos

You can import photos and videos from an SD card, digital camera, or other supported accessory to your iOS device using one of these:

• Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader
  • Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
  • Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
  • Apple USB-C to SD Card Reader

If you have an iPhone 5 or later, it needs iOS 9.2 or later. If you have an iPod touch or iPhone 4s, it needs iOS 9.3. If you're using a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter, you need an iPad with iOS 9.3.

Apr 4, 2023 9:05 AM in response to sportsphotos

If you can’t import some content

Apple camera adapters can import multiple types of media files from your digital camera or SD card. If the format isn't compatible with iOS, you won’t be able to view them on your device, but can import them to your computer later.

Apple camera adapters can import only content that was captured by digital cameras. You might not be able to import content that was renamed, edited, or copied to the digital camera or SD card.

SD card adaptor not importing photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.