Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Recovery key & password

So my daughter has an Apple ID that I can’t get into. I made a recovery key and screenshot it but lost the picture. I can’t get into the account because I forgot the password and I can’t sign in to see the recovery key. What should I do I can’t even log out the account to at least my another one.

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 12:46 PM

If you don’t have access to the recovery key or a trusted device for that account, you’re hosed. There is no way to regain access to that account. Ever. That’s explained clearly when you enable the recovery key option. You can not use account recovery to regain access to the account.

If the device is now activation locked to that account, your only hope of being able to use it again is to present Apple with the original proof of purchase from an authorized retailer to have Apple revoke the activation lock.

If you can’t provide the required documentation the device is unusable. Recycle it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2023 12:46 PM in response to shi272

If you don’t have access to the recovery key or a trusted device for that account, you’re hosed. There is no way to regain access to that account. Ever. That’s explained clearly when you enable the recovery key option. You can not use account recovery to regain access to the account.

If the device is now activation locked to that account, your only hope of being able to use it again is to present Apple with the original proof of purchase from an authorized retailer to have Apple revoke the activation lock.

If you can’t provide the required documentation the device is unusable. Recycle it.

Lost Recovery key & password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.