Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Mini Battery Health at 98%

My 9 month old iPhone 13 Mini battery health is now down to 98%, seems excessive to me. I know some also claim it's normal for a phone's battery to lose 1% a month in health, but that's too much of a loss in my opinion. Especially because of all the things a smart phone can do now.

I know years ago there was a calibration procedure that could fix the battery health, if it wasn't correct. So, I'm wondering if it's the same for the newer iPhones.

iPhone 13 mini

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 9:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 10:06 PM

Resist Said:

"iPhone 13 Mini Battery Health at 98%: I know years ago there was a calibration procedure that could fix the battery health, if it wasn't correct. So, I'm wondering if it's the same for the newer iPhones."

-------

All is Fine for Now:

The Battery Health cannot be increased. It is what it is. Apple recommends you get a new battery, then the Battery Health reaches 80% or lower. So, at 8%, you fine for while on out.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2023 10:06 PM in response to Resist

Resist Said:

"iPhone 13 Mini Battery Health at 98%: I know years ago there was a calibration procedure that could fix the battery health, if it wasn't correct. So, I'm wondering if it's the same for the newer iPhones."

-------

All is Fine for Now:

The Battery Health cannot be increased. It is what it is. Apple recommends you get a new battery, then the Battery Health reaches 80% or lower. So, at 8%, you fine for while on out.

Apr 4, 2023 11:54 PM in response to Resist

Resist Said:

"iPhone 13 Mini Battery Health at 98%: I still disagree that a 9 month old iPhone would lose 2% of battery health."

-------

All is Fine:

Well, my iPhone 13 is 13 months old, and it is down to 92%. It is what it is. Soon, I'll have to get a new battery. All batteries are prone to failure. And there is no standard on what decreases the Battery Heath. When taking an iPhone out-of-the-box, it can decease 2% (be at 98% when new). :)

iPhone 13 Mini Battery Health at 98%

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.