Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personal CD Downloads Missing

About 20 years ago, I downloaded my CDs to iTunes and my iPod. Along came Pandora & Spotify, and I quit using iTunes. I changed computers a few times without downloading iTunes. After unlocking my account and changing passwords today, I downloaded iTunes and iCloud to my Windows computer. My old music isn't listed anywhere I can find it. (I have no idea what iCloud does that makes me need it in addition to iTunes. Do I need it?) I want the music from back in the day. How do I recover my CD downloads? Thank you.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 5, 2023 12:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2023 1:09 AM

Hi,

Only iTunes Store purchased music may be re-downloaded if still available. Redownload music – Apple Support (UK)

Any other music will not be available unless you copied the music files from your old computer to new ones. If you previously used iTunes Match or Apple Music is the past, Music in your iCloud Music library will not be available to download - Apple only retains library for up to 30 day after your subscription expired.

Jim

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2023 1:09 AM in response to tngal2023

Hi,

Only iTunes Store purchased music may be re-downloaded if still available. Redownload music – Apple Support (UK)

Any other music will not be available unless you copied the music files from your old computer to new ones. If you previously used iTunes Match or Apple Music is the past, Music in your iCloud Music library will not be available to download - Apple only retains library for up to 30 day after your subscription expired.

Jim

Personal CD Downloads Missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.