Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my magic keyboard has somehow become Accessibilitized, i think. i can

my magic keyboard has somehow become Accessibilitized, i think.

I'm typing fine here in my Guest account, but in my real account, some keys don't produce anything, and sometimes they cause cursor movements if I depress them for more than a few seconds. I've tried resetting as much as I know how, but new keyboard, new OS, ….I'm confounded. (Oh, Spelling Bee spoiler…oops.)

Mac mini, macOS 13.3

Posted on Apr 5, 2023 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 2:49 PM

Best Answer so far, and works a charm, but I can't do anything from any account except a standard Guest, so even turning the keyboard functionality back on -- which was exactly as you described and I guess it just led me to a ditch that no one's anticipated or encountered. I think my only recourses might be the safe or recovery boot modes -- and I am no fan of those last resorts.

As for problem previously posed, you were speedy and spot on.

Merci, mon hèros Mac.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2023 2:49 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

Best Answer so far, and works a charm, but I can't do anything from any account except a standard Guest, so even turning the keyboard functionality back on -- which was exactly as you described and I guess it just led me to a ditch that no one's anticipated or encountered. I think my only recourses might be the safe or recovery boot modes -- and I am no fan of those last resorts.

As for problem previously posed, you were speedy and spot on.

Merci, mon hèros Mac.

Apr 5, 2023 12:51 PM in response to Aldous_Whittenfärr

Before the 13.3 update, I did see an awful lot of failed ASL entries for an unsavory amount of .kexts for which Bundles needed were unable to be located, and similar mysteries. My keyboard worked then, but its recent uncharacterizeable mashup of uncorking keys (u, I, o, and 'delete,' for a few), possible keyboard cursor or click-letter-display controls may be using these keys, but I don't know enough to reset the whole mess, or restore basic keyboard function. Now, it's either trackpad clicks, letter by letter, with the onscreen keypad, or work from my Guest account, which is less and less useful, being primarily faster in seeking an answer (as here). This has, hopefully, though, restored keys that, from my user login, wouldn't register, making it impossible to get back into my actual account, and so forth…it's always so much more complex than I imagine, with so much user fixes via command line interfaces of years gone by.

Apr 6, 2023 6:58 AM in response to Malcolm J. Rayfield

Really helpful, but I'm still stuck in Guest account, having had to change my admin pw to use working letters on the keyboard. I know my apple i.d. and password, but Mac won't let me switch users without that info AND the Guest Account password (which, of course doesn't have one). I was trying to get to where I could check my keyboard, and totally spaced on writing down the PW.

I mean, isn't my admin setting to allow login using my appleID enough? I tried hard shutdown and restart and get no chance to use the Apple ID option. Chain of apple access hurdles I've met up with time and time and so on...

But, thanks again. I can almost guarantee that those keys were precisely my bugaboos. Really appreciate the experienced help support here. (You should start hanging out over at adobe -- they don't even wait long enough between versions for The Missing Manual people to markup their last edition and send out Xerox addenda).

You will.

t.a.d.

my magic keyboard has somehow become Accessibilitized, i think. i can

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.