How to stop events from mailing list emails being automatically added to Apple calendar?

Recently, events from mailing list emails are automatically being directly added to my Apple calendar (i.e. without a suggestion to accept/reject). They appear to all be Microsoft Teams invites. How do I deactivate this? I am using Ventura 13.2.1.

Thank you in advance!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Apr 5, 2023 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2023 8:52 AM

Hi earendelb.

We understand you'd like to not receive these calendar invites. However, this is not something the Apple Calendar app can control. We'd advise to contact the originator of the invitations to not include you in a generalized mailing list for invites. Or, contact the app developer for Microsoft Teams, to see if you can customize the received invites.

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Take care!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2023 8:52 AM in response to earendelb

Hi earendelb.

We understand you'd like to not receive these calendar invites. However, this is not something the Apple Calendar app can control. We'd advise to contact the originator of the invitations to not include you in a generalized mailing list for invites. Or, contact the app developer for Microsoft Teams, to see if you can customize the received invites.

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Take care!

Apr 8, 2023 12:03 PM in response to earendelb

Hi there earendelb,

If you are seeing events from a particular calendar in the Calendar app that you do not want to see, you can either hide this calendar associated with Microsoft Teams or remove it from the Calendar app.

To hide the events from this particular calendar, follow these steps from Show or hide a calendar on Mac:

1. In the Calendar app  on your Mac, choose View > Show Calendar List.
2. Do any of the following:
* Show or hide a calendar’s events: Select or deselect the calendar’s checkbox in the Calendar list.
* Show or hide events from all calendars: Press the Command key while you select or deselect any calendar’s checkbox.

If you would prefer to remove this calendar account completely from the app, the 'Stop using a calendar account' and 'Delete a calendar account' sections here show how to do this: Add or delete calendar accounts on Mac

Cheers!

Apr 15, 2023 3:18 AM in response to Ben_Z1

Hi Ben_Z1,

Thank you for your reply, but unfortunately this does not solve the problem. The issue is that one of my email addresses that has an associated calendar (which I use all the time for work and therefore do not want to hide) is subscribed to a mailing list. The mailing list sends regular event notifications (several a week) with Microsoft Teams, which I rarely want to accept. However, the events get automatically added to my work calendar. The only option is to delete the work events, but this appears to be sending emails each time to the event organiser, which I noticed when I get an "out of office" reply from them. I am sure this is annoying for them too. I would like the events not to be automatically added to my calendar in the first place. Is there something that can be done about this or is it a bug? This only started happening a few months ago.

Thanks again in advance!

Apr 26, 2023 8:05 AM in response to mingoslkd

Hi mingoslkd,

Thank you for your reply. That's a real shame and hopefully Apple will solve this in the future! At the moment, it is not so much that Siri detects the events (which in many cases is highly useful), but the intrusive nature of them being added automatically to my calendar without asking for them to be accepted (which is the case of all other invites that get sent to me) and of this meaning that when I delete it, an email gets sent to the organiser against my will. Even if there is something in the settings of the Microsoft Teams app, it would be ideal if Siri could anticipate and not allow this sort of behaviour to occur (and also to allow silent deletion of such invitations).

Thank you nevertheless for your answer, which answers my question.

All the best

How to stop events from mailing list emails being automatically added to Apple calendar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.