Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

I keep getting calendar invites for shared calendars I've unchecked in Calendar Settings

Our small team shares Outlook 365 calendars and have done so for awhile without issue. Recently I started receiving invitations sent to others whose calendars are shared with me, even when I’m not invited. I can accept, decline or ignore these meetings and after I ignore it, I go back into the app, click Calendars at the bottom, and uncheck the calendars I don't want to see. Then the issue happens all over again, the same calendar(s), and I go back into Calendars and they have check marks again. This happens to different shared calendars at different times, it's not the same one(s) over and over again. Any help is appreciated!

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 28, 2023 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2023 7:20 AM

You'll need to ask your IT department then about how it's set up.

Similar questions

6 replies

May 1, 2023 1:27 PM in response to lala7625

Hello lala7625,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We want to help you get the most from your iPhone and your calendars.

We'll need to learn more to better assist you. Are you using the Apple Calendar app, or the Outlook app, or another app when this happens?

If using Calendar app, try using these steps to reply to the invitation:

"Reply to an event invitation

1. To respond to an event notification, tap it.
  2. Or, in Calendar, tap Inbox, then tap an invitation.
  3. Tap your response—Accept, Maybe, or Decline.

To respond to an invitation you receive by email, tap the underlined text in the email, then tap Show in Calendar.

If you add comments to your response, your comments can be seen by the organizer but not by other attendees (comments may not be available for all calendars). To see events you declined, tap Calendars at the bottom of the screen, then turn on Show Declined Events."

This Apple Support page has the full details: Reply to invitations in Calendar on iPhone - Apple Support

Are you receiving the invitation when you should not be receiving the invitation at all, or are you receiving the invitation multiple times?

Which iOS version are you using on the device and does a normal restart have any impact on the issue?

We hope this helps to further isolate the source of the issue causing the error.

Cheers!

May 2, 2023 4:54 AM in response to justin_900

Hi Justin -

I'm using the Calendar app, and I should not be receiving the invitation at all as I am not invited. The only calendar I put a check mark next to is mine but, I am constantly getting alerts to calendar events that I should not be getting. When I get them, I choose IGNORE, then go into the Calendar app and there are other calendars with checkmarks next to them. I uncheck them and sometimes the calendar event comes right back, other times, it will be a new event that shows up a few days later. No rhyme or reason, not the same shared calendar(s), and not the same events. I am using 16.1.1.

Thanks for the help!

May 2, 2023 10:50 AM in response to celliott147

Actually, that's not correct at all. I have 18 extremely active calendars shared to my Calendars app and only every once in a while do I get an invite to something that isn't for me. I understand the visibility aspect but that has nothing to do with it. I am getting these incorrect events only on the Calendar app. They are not popping up on my Outlook calendar (also with the same share work calendars) and they aren't showing up on the 3rd party Calendars app I have. Just the iOS app.

May 2, 2023 7:48 AM in response to lala7625

Checking vs unchecking the calendar only makes it hidden/visible. It doesn't change that the calendar is on the device. If the calendar is on the device, it will receive the invites sent to it, even if they aren't for you. This is how the calendaring protocols work. The only way to stop this is to remove the calendars from your device which may not always be possible depending on how the calendar is configured.

I keep getting calendar invites for shared calendars I've unchecked in Calendar Settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.