Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

While using my MacBook Air, it will not charge. Is this normal?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 5, 2023 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2023 10:45 PM

Newer Macs will charge when they need to charge, and will pause charging to prolong battery life. Refer to If your Mac battery won’t charge completely - Apple Support.

That's normal for them, but is yours still running macOS 10.13 as shown in your profile information? If so click the dropdown menu in the above Apple Support document and select macOS High Sierra for the information applicable to your Mac.

Older Macs with commensurately older operating system does not incorporate the more recent battery charging algorithm, and if your MacBook Air is one of them please read If your Mac battery won't charge - Apple Support.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2023 10:45 PM in response to Flipout509

Newer Macs will charge when they need to charge, and will pause charging to prolong battery life. Refer to If your Mac battery won’t charge completely - Apple Support.

That's normal for them, but is yours still running macOS 10.13 as shown in your profile information? If so click the dropdown menu in the above Apple Support document and select macOS High Sierra for the information applicable to your Mac.

Older Macs with commensurately older operating system does not incorporate the more recent battery charging algorithm, and if your MacBook Air is one of them please read If your Mac battery won't charge - Apple Support.

Apr 5, 2023 10:52 PM in response to Flipout509

Flipout509 Said:

"While using my MacBook Air, it will not charge. Is this normal?"

-------

Methods and sites I've used to solve this...

Troubleshooting Mac Charge:

Refer to the following....

A. Try a New Charger:

B. A Few Links to Refer to for Power:

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.