Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio on videos is inaudible for first 10-15 seconds then jumps up to normal volume. Why?

I had this problem a few years ago and now it is happening again. I record a video but there is almost no sound until about 10-15 seconds in when it jumps up to full normal volume. I have iPhone 11pro with all the most recent updates using iOS 16.4

I have stereo disabled in camera settings and have restarted the phone several times to no avail. What gives? And how can I fix it? Ruins my videos.

Posted on Apr 6, 2023 4:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 12:10 AM

If the audio on your iPhone videos is inaudible for the first 10-15 seconds and then jumps up to normal volume, then...

1. Restart your iPhone: Sometimes a simple restart can help resolve issues with audio on your iPhone.
  2. Update your iOS: Make sure that your iPhone's software is up to date. Software updates can often fix bugs and other issues that may be causing audio problems.
  3. Reset your iPhone's settings: If none of the above steps work, you may need to reset your iPhone's settings. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This will reset your iPhone's settings to their default values, but will not erase your data.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2023 12:10 AM in response to Singslikeabird

If the audio on your iPhone videos is inaudible for the first 10-15 seconds and then jumps up to normal volume, then...

1. Restart your iPhone: Sometimes a simple restart can help resolve issues with audio on your iPhone.
  2. Update your iOS: Make sure that your iPhone's software is up to date. Software updates can often fix bugs and other issues that may be causing audio problems.
  3. Reset your iPhone's settings: If none of the above steps work, you may need to reset your iPhone's settings. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This will reset your iPhone's settings to their default values, but will not erase your data.

Audio on videos is inaudible for first 10-15 seconds then jumps up to normal volume. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.