Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV HD 4th generagation not restarting

i'm not able to restart my device , i just got white blinking light rapidly.

I have try pushing menu and minus for 6 seconds and then release but same result .

I see apple logo and then black screen,

Can you help me with that issue

Thank you

Louis-Philippe

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 8:23 AM

A flashing status light indicated a problem in starting up properly. First try a cold restart from unplugging from power temporarily, in case the device can overcome the issue by itself.

If the issue persists, then the system software will have to be reinstalled. User of the Apple TV HD (4th generation) can do this themselves, by connecting it to a computer. See the procedure here: Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2023 8:23 AM in response to louis-philippe96

A flashing status light indicated a problem in starting up properly. First try a cold restart from unplugging from power temporarily, in case the device can overcome the issue by itself.

If the issue persists, then the system software will have to be reinstalled. User of the Apple TV HD (4th generation) can do this themselves, by connecting it to a computer. See the procedure here: Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

Apple TV HD 4th generagation not restarting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.