Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Comcast email

If I fetch Comcast email to my iPad, does the email literally MOVE off of Comcast’s server, or does my iPad simply COPY the email but leave the original on Comcast’s server? Thanks.

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 2:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 3:19 PM

If you set up your Comcast account on your iPad as an IMAP interface (likely), then your email is handled directly from Comcast’s server. In other words, if you delete an email from your Comcast account on your iPad and have an IMAP setup, it is deleted on Comcast’s server.

If you don’t know whether you’re set up as IMAP and can’t tell from Settings > Mail > Accounts …, seek assistance from Comcast.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2023 3:19 PM in response to Barb2577

If you set up your Comcast account on your iPad as an IMAP interface (likely), then your email is handled directly from Comcast’s server. In other words, if you delete an email from your Comcast account on your iPad and have an IMAP setup, it is deleted on Comcast’s server.

If you don’t know whether you’re set up as IMAP and can’t tell from Settings > Mail > Accounts …, seek assistance from Comcast.

Comcast email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.