Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Crashes when I try to play from My Library

Apple TV app crashes when trying to play from My Library. I found a post from mid '22 and didn't see a resolution. I dont use Apple TV app much on my MacBook Pro but I recently tried playing a movie from My Library. At first it tells me it's not authorized, I authorize it and it tells me it was already authorized and that it is now "reauthorized." Then I get a message telling me the screen is incompatible with HD copyright protection. Ugh!

I have never opened my MacBook or had the screen repaired. I'm not sure where to go from here. I have verified that the computer is authorized on my apple ID and I updated the computer to the latest update. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 5:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 9:50 AM

For iTunes Store content, be sure to additionally sign in the the TV app (menu Account), if you haven’t already. The account for the TV app is not automatically linked to the account on Mac devices in System Settings. This is notably different from iPhone and iPad devices.

Else I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2023 9:50 AM in response to aap728

For iTunes Store content, be sure to additionally sign in the the TV app (menu Account), if you haven’t already. The account for the TV app is not automatically linked to the account on Mac devices in System Settings. This is notably different from iPhone and iPad devices.

Else I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

Apple TV Crashes when I try to play from My Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.