Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No subtitle, or any other controls when watching Apple Tv

I'm trying to watch Apple Tv from my laptop (Win 10, Google Chrome browser)

The only thing I can do is pause the playback and play. No volume control bar, no options to enable subtitles....What's this rubbish? All other streaming services work well in the browser on the same device except Apple's.....

PS: Just to confirm, this is happening on a Win 10 laptop, NOT the LG TV that the next field on this screen forces me to choose (as, in good old Apple fashion, non-apple devices cannot be chosen from the list)

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 4:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 9:51 AM

In browsers, you should see various controls when moving the mouse pointer over the player window, including controls for volume, subtitles, and audio language streams. (The image would dim a bit for better contrast of those controls.) Volume control in the upper-right corner, and subtitles and audio language streams in the bottom-right corner.

Else try enabling/disabling hardware decoding, extensions, or other browser settings that might interfere.

Also verify that your browser is the current stable version (v112.0.5615.x for Chrome at this time).

Else try a different browser (e.g. Firefox).

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2023 9:51 AM in response to Andras77

In browsers, you should see various controls when moving the mouse pointer over the player window, including controls for volume, subtitles, and audio language streams. (The image would dim a bit for better contrast of those controls.) Volume control in the upper-right corner, and subtitles and audio language streams in the bottom-right corner.

Else try enabling/disabling hardware decoding, extensions, or other browser settings that might interfere.

Also verify that your browser is the current stable version (v112.0.5615.x for Chrome at this time).

Else try a different browser (e.g. Firefox).

No subtitle, or any other controls when watching Apple Tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.