Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Plug my iPad into tv to stream apps?

Can I just plug in my tv to stream fr Apple I pad….how

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 8:45 AM

If the content provider chooses to support it, you may connect a mobile device wired to a TV through HDMI and adapter.

Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter - Lightning to HDMI - Apple Store online

or Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter - Apple Store online

or Belkin USB-C to HDMI Adapter - Apple Store online

depending on your model iPad and its connector port. Identify your iPad model - Apple Support

For wireless (Wi-Fi) connectivity, use AirPlay, for apps that support that, or Chromecast (Google Cast), for apps that support that in-app. The receiving device must also support the chosen streaming protocol.

Apple’s own apps do not support Chromecast or other third party casting protocols. Select third party apps may have built-in support for third party streaming protocols.

AirPlay receiving is supported on the Apple TV box, and select smart TVs and third party streaming devices (e.g. Roku).

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device - Apple Support

AirPlay system requirements - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2023 8:45 AM in response to Jesussolovedtheworld

If the content provider chooses to support it, you may connect a mobile device wired to a TV through HDMI and adapter.

Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter - Lightning to HDMI - Apple Store online

or Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter - Apple Store online

or Belkin USB-C to HDMI Adapter - Apple Store online

depending on your model iPad and its connector port. Identify your iPad model - Apple Support

For wireless (Wi-Fi) connectivity, use AirPlay, for apps that support that, or Chromecast (Google Cast), for apps that support that in-app. The receiving device must also support the chosen streaming protocol.

Apple’s own apps do not support Chromecast or other third party casting protocols. Select third party apps may have built-in support for third party streaming protocols.

AirPlay receiving is supported on the Apple TV box, and select smart TVs and third party streaming devices (e.g. Roku).

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device - Apple Support

AirPlay system requirements - Apple Support

Plug my iPad into tv to stream apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.