Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Workout Prompt to start seems to cause Exercise Minutes to stop recording after workout stop.

I’ve been trying to use the watch prompt to start (and finish) an outdoor workout, on an AppleWatch SE (gen 2). Seems to work well, but then my exercise minutes stop recording, as long as the prompting is enabled. Even stopping it doesn’t work. My exercise minutes stop recording, and several times I’ve continued with vigorous walking and jogging, registering many thousand steps, but the exercise minutes do not change. This is repeatable. When I turn the prompt off entirely, however, things return to normal. My wife’s watch 7 does not have this problem. Ideas, anyone, aside from not using the auto start options? Thanks, Michael

Apple Watch SE

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 11:57 AM

The first (and simplest) thing to try if something isn’t working right is to restart your Apple Watch and its paired iPhone. If necessary (device not responding), try a forced restart. Both methods can be found here:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, the next steps would be to unpair and pair your watch again and restore from the backup just created. This should result in no loss of data. It deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2023 11:57 AM in response to msknutson1951

The first (and simplest) thing to try if something isn’t working right is to restart your Apple Watch and its paired iPhone. If necessary (device not responding), try a forced restart. Both methods can be found here:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, the next steps would be to unpair and pair your watch again and restore from the backup just created. This should result in no loss of data. It deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Workout Prompt to start seems to cause Exercise Minutes to stop recording after workout stop.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.