Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove activation lock from Apple Watch

Hello,

So i have an old apple watch. And i want to use it again. After I connected it, it said it had an activation lock. And i needed to fill in my old Apple-ID. I did this and it said the apple-id was wrong. I dont quite understand that because i only have had 1 apple ID my whole life. Now i tried some other things and it suddenly worked under a other apple ID that i dont remember using. Well i tought it worked, but then it said i needed to re-activate my apple id. So i went to i-forgot-apple.com and i entered the apple-id that was connected to the watch. It said they would send me a mail on that address. But i have zero acces to that account. I am kinda lost now and i need help. Is there anybody that can help?

With kind regards.

Samuel S.

[Edited by Moderator]

Apple Watch Series 1

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 5:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 6:23 AM

This support article has information about Activation Lock on your Apple Watch. --> About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apple can completely reset a device if a person can provide sufficient evidence of valid ownership. Do this online at: Activation Lock support request - https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support Apple says, "Proof of ownership documentation is required," but does not state what currently constitutes proof. Prior to this new online service Apple typically required the original receipt issued by an Apple Authorized dealer and documented provenance (so typically it would be the original owner who does this, or a descendant with legal proof of ownership). Apple recommends you keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device. --> Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2023 6:23 AM in response to SamueL_StalperS

This support article has information about Activation Lock on your Apple Watch. --> About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apple can completely reset a device if a person can provide sufficient evidence of valid ownership. Do this online at: Activation Lock support request - https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support Apple says, "Proof of ownership documentation is required," but does not state what currently constitutes proof. Prior to this new online service Apple typically required the original receipt issued by an Apple Authorized dealer and documented provenance (so typically it would be the original owner who does this, or a descendant with legal proof of ownership). Apple recommends you keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device. --> Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device - Apple Support

Remove activation lock from Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.