Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple itune gift card bought already redeemed by someone.

How do I go about getting a refund of a Apple iTune gift card that was already redeemed although it was sealed. It happened to me 3 times already. . The store referred me to Apple support. According to the store Apple has a policy that once the card is bought there is no refund. Does this mean I must loose the money I paid for a card already redeemed. Spoke to Apple consultant at the 0800 free number today. She confirmed that the card was redeemed but could not say by whom. She referred me back to the store. The store again referred me back to the support dept of Apple. What is my rights.

Posted on Apr 11, 2023 7:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2023 8:57 AM

It is stated on the Apple gift card I have here:

Exclusively for use in (in my country). No refunds (except as required by law). Not for resale. An Apple ID is required for use and you must accept the license and terms of use.

The card will not be replaced in case of loss, theft or unauthorized use. By using the card you accept the conditions.

Check also Apple Store Gift Card terms and conditions -> Legal - Apple Store Gift Cards - Apple

• Apple is not responsible for lost or stolen Apple Store Gift Cards or for use without your permission. Not for resale. Receipt of an Apple Store Gift Card does not automatically guarantee purchase of any item. 

If you have a valid payment method on file, instead of buying or order an App Store & iTunes gift card, you can Add money to your Apple Account balance anytime, no gift card needed, see -> Apple Gift Card - Apple (UK)

Beware of -> About Gift Card Scams -> About Gift Card Scams - Official Apple Support

Contact the store and ask for your money back, you still have the proof of payment, right?

You can also report to the police if you feel you have been cheated.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2023 8:57 AM in response to erna50anre

It is stated on the Apple gift card I have here:

Exclusively for use in (in my country). No refunds (except as required by law). Not for resale. An Apple ID is required for use and you must accept the license and terms of use.

The card will not be replaced in case of loss, theft or unauthorized use. By using the card you accept the conditions.

Check also Apple Store Gift Card terms and conditions -> Legal - Apple Store Gift Cards - Apple

• Apple is not responsible for lost or stolen Apple Store Gift Cards or for use without your permission. Not for resale. Receipt of an Apple Store Gift Card does not automatically guarantee purchase of any item. 

If you have a valid payment method on file, instead of buying or order an App Store & iTunes gift card, you can Add money to your Apple Account balance anytime, no gift card needed, see -> Apple Gift Card - Apple (UK)

Beware of -> About Gift Card Scams -> About Gift Card Scams - Official Apple Support

Contact the store and ask for your money back, you still have the proof of payment, right?

You can also report to the police if you feel you have been cheated.

Apple itune gift card bought already redeemed by someone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.