Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Epson 4990 scanner with macOS Ventura

How can I still use my Epson Perfection 4990 Photo scanner with mac OS Ventura??

Thanks,

Harry

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 13.2

Posted on Apr 12, 2023 5:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2023 5:27 AM

There is the ICA scanner driver v5.8.12 that was released on Oct 17, 2022 and Epson shows this compatible with Ventura (at that time). You will need this driver to use Apple's Image Capture application with this scanner.

The optional, paid VueScan Professional (free trial) can drive this scanner without any Epson or Apple software. The trial may not support all scanner features.

I have owned VueScan Professional since 2010 and the abandoned Canon flatbed scanner at that time still works on macOS Ventura 13.3.1 with an M2 Mac mini. I have never paid an upgrade fee for a newer version of VueScan in 13 years, and the vendor in no manner, compensates me for recommending their product here. It just works.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2023 5:27 AM in response to Harry_haarlem

There is the ICA scanner driver v5.8.12 that was released on Oct 17, 2022 and Epson shows this compatible with Ventura (at that time). You will need this driver to use Apple's Image Capture application with this scanner.

The optional, paid VueScan Professional (free trial) can drive this scanner without any Epson or Apple software. The trial may not support all scanner features.

I have owned VueScan Professional since 2010 and the abandoned Canon flatbed scanner at that time still works on macOS Ventura 13.3.1 with an M2 Mac mini. I have never paid an upgrade fee for a newer version of VueScan in 13 years, and the vendor in no manner, compensates me for recommending their product here. It just works.

Epson 4990 scanner with macOS Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.