Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Bluetooth Microphone keeps muting itself

Hi all, 

I have a MB Pro 16" 2019 and since updating to Ventura my headsets mute in the middle of a conversation, this usually happens about 20-30 minutes into a conversation. I was hoping the update to 13.2.1 would help, but it didn't.

The BT audio devices stay connected and I can still hear everything, but my microphone goes in mute. 

This happens in several apps, e.g. Zoom, Teams and with different headsets, I have tried with a Sennheiser HD450 BT and an EPOS Sennheiser MB Pro 2.

Does anyone have any ideas or have had the same experience? 

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Apr 12, 2023 11:21 AM

1 reply

Apr 14, 2023 1:09 PM in response to Eddi09

Hey Eddi09,

Since this behavior is occurring in multiple apps and with different headsets, we recommend testing while your MacBook Pro is booted in Safe Mode.

"Safe mode is particularly useful when you're trying to resolve an issue that doesn't seem to be associated with using any particular app." How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

MacBook Pro Bluetooth Microphone keeps muting itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.