Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Apple Books Skipping Pages

Hi

Since the last update it seems Apple Books on the iPhone is skipping pages - it jumps ahead a number of pages when you turn the page.

I downloaded two new books yesterday and both experienced the same problem (one being the latest Steve Jobs book) - it is also doing the same thing with older books in my library.

I have tried restarting the device but the problem continues.

I would be grateful for any guidance re how to fix the problem.

Regards

Bruce

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 3:53 PM

10 replies

Jan 11, 2024 2:17 PM in response to Brucejh52

Happened to me with Consider Phlebas... turned the page and the chapter just ends mid-sentence. Going back and forth to make sure, it seemed the pages were just gone. I thought there was an error in the copying, since I've encountered e-book editions with bad quality control in the past. But when I later opened the app turning the page from that point took me to the correct page. I didn't check the page numbers to see if they at least showed something was skipped.

But seriously, how do you screw up an app that just displays pages of text in sequence? I thought the Apple walled garden at least provided a certain quality guarantee. If I always have to second guess whether I'm actually turning to the correct page, this is unusable. Guess I'll have to go with Amazon from now on.

Apple Books Skipping Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.