Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Books freezes / hangs

Hi,

It seems that there is a bug in Apple Books. It freezes / hangs whenever I try to open a book. It happens consistently on both on my old iPhone 6S and the new 11 Pro. A workaround on the older phone is to long-click on the app, and then it will offer reading recent books, and then I can read it. Obviously that limits your reading possibilities quite heavily, and it doesn't work on 11 Pro.

Deleting and reinstalling the app didn't help.

Csaba

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 9:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 2:31 PM

Hi csaba256,

I understand you've been running into some issues using Books on two different devices.

Reinstalling the app was a great start.

If you haven't already, try opening a book while you're connected to cellular data, and test again while connected to Wi-Fi; does one seem to work as expected?

As another possibility, have you updated your devices to iOS 13.1.2? If not, give that a try to see if that helps: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Feel free to reply back with the results of trying the steps above. Best wishes.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2019 2:31 PM in response to csaba256

Hi csaba256,

I understand you've been running into some issues using Books on two different devices.

Reinstalling the app was a great start.

If you haven't already, try opening a book while you're connected to cellular data, and test again while connected to Wi-Fi; does one seem to work as expected?

As another possibility, have you updated your devices to iOS 13.1.2? If not, give that a try to see if that helps: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Feel free to reply back with the results of trying the steps above. Best wishes.

Apple Books freezes / hangs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.