Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

iCloud+ Family Sharing Compatibility

I want to use iCloud+ Family Sharing with my family, but my desktop machine is an iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013) which apparently can't be updated beyond Catalina 10.15.7 This computer still runs fine (I've upgraded the drive to SSD), so I don't need to change it!

It states I need MacOs 11 as a minimum requirement. I have a MacBook Pro running Monterey 12.6.5 and iPhone and iPad on iOS 16, which will all be fine, but does that mean I won't be able to use iCloud+ successfully on my iMac? I back up to Time Machine, so back up isn't a major issue, but does it mean that I will lose syncing of Calendar and other Apps?

Incidentally, when I log on to iCloud on the internet from my iMac, it tells me I have iCloud+ already... I'm a little confused and don't want to lose the ability to sync all my machines!

Any ideas?!

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 1:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2023 10:56 AM

Hi there!

To start, take a look at System requirements for iCloud - Apple Support. While the recommended system requirements for Mac is macOS Ventura 13, many iCloud services will work with older versions of macOS.

For instance, iCloud Calendar, Contacts, and Mail requires a minimum macOS version of OS X Lion 10.7.5, and iCloud Drive requires a minimum macOS version of OS X Yosemite 10.10.5.

To upgrade to iCloud+, see Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support.

Jack

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2023 10:56 AM in response to thesaxplayer

Hi there!

To start, take a look at System requirements for iCloud - Apple Support. While the recommended system requirements for Mac is macOS Ventura 13, many iCloud services will work with older versions of macOS.

For instance, iCloud Calendar, Contacts, and Mail requires a minimum macOS version of OS X Lion 10.7.5, and iCloud Drive requires a minimum macOS version of OS X Yosemite 10.10.5.

To upgrade to iCloud+, see Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support.

Jack

iCloud+ Family Sharing Compatibility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.