Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) restarts logs posted. HELP

See attached logs...MacBook restart randomly

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 7:11 PM

The log also mentions:

Apple Intel Framebuffer :: set Power State timed out

This could also be due to a GPU or power related issue (no idea on exactly what this means).

Unfortunately it usually requires analyzing several panic logs in order to determine if there is any pattern to the panics.

Maybe try an SMC Reset (read the instructions carefully since they have changed for the 2018-2020 Intel models). It also never hurts to perform a PRAM Reset as well (hold for two chimes if possible, but many times the USB-C models will get stuck and not do a second chime....or may even fail to power on again without reseating the charging cable).

You can also try running the Apple Diagnostics to see if any hardware issues are detected. Unfortunately the diagnostics rarely detect actual problems even if the hardware is faulty.

I agree with @Tesserax's suggestion to disconnect all external devices in case one of them is causing a problem. Perhaps an external display is an issue, or some other connected device.

I suspect you may have a hardware issue with this laptop, most likely with the Logic Board. There are some other things to be done before this can be confirmed though.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2023 7:11 PM in response to tasheda

The log also mentions:

Apple Intel Framebuffer :: set Power State timed out

This could also be due to a GPU or power related issue (no idea on exactly what this means).

Unfortunately it usually requires analyzing several panic logs in order to determine if there is any pattern to the panics.

Maybe try an SMC Reset (read the instructions carefully since they have changed for the 2018-2020 Intel models). It also never hurts to perform a PRAM Reset as well (hold for two chimes if possible, but many times the USB-C models will get stuck and not do a second chime....or may even fail to power on again without reseating the charging cable).

You can also try running the Apple Diagnostics to see if any hardware issues are detected. Unfortunately the diagnostics rarely detect actual problems even if the hardware is faulty.

I agree with @Tesserax's suggestion to disconnect all external devices in case one of them is causing a problem. Perhaps an external display is an issue, or some other connected device.

I suspect you may have a hardware issue with this laptop, most likely with the Logic Board. There are some other things to be done before this can be confirmed though.

Apr 14, 2023 12:43 PM in response to tasheda

last started kext at 1353446293968: >AudioAUUC 1.70 (addr 0xffffff7fafcad000, size 12288)

loaded kexts:

>AudioAUUC 1.70

>usb.realtek8153patcher 5.0.0

>usb.!UHostBillboardDevice 1.0

It appears that a third-party USB device is the culprit. As such, I suggest that you temporarily remove any external devices connected to your laptop's USB port to see if the restarts stop. If they do, then you may need to check with the device manufacturer's support to see if there are updated drivers for them.

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) restarts logs posted. HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.