New Macbook Pro M2 panic restarting

I just bought new Macbook Pro M2 recently, and only just use it less than 24 hours, but it suddenly restarted 2 times, yesterday and today.

Posted on Oct 18, 2023 6:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2023 6:11 PM

qui_nguyen Said:

"New Macbook Pro M2 panic restarting: I just bought new Macbook Pro M2 recently, and only just use it less than 24 hours, but it suddenly restarted 2 times, yesterday and today."

-------

Troubleshooting an Automatically-Restarting Mac:

Start Here: If your Mac Restarted because of a Problem - Apple Support

It may have overheated. If you have lots of used storage, and little free space remaining, then the hard drive is being swollen up. So, remove large files, moving them to a backup location. So, though new, if you've swollen up the space already, then this would have caused this to occur.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2023 6:11 PM in response to qui_nguyen

qui_nguyen Said:

"New Macbook Pro M2 panic restarting: I just bought new Macbook Pro M2 recently, and only just use it less than 24 hours, but it suddenly restarted 2 times, yesterday and today."

-------

Troubleshooting an Automatically-Restarting Mac:

Start Here: If your Mac Restarted because of a Problem - Apple Support

It may have overheated. If you have lots of used storage, and little free space remaining, then the hard drive is being swollen up. So, remove large files, moving them to a backup location. So, though new, if you've swollen up the space already, then this would have caused this to occur.

Oct 18, 2023 6:27 PM in response to TheLittles

It's new Macbook and i just installed some necessary apps, and only `48,33 GB of 494,38 GB used`. How can it happen? Just some lighter apps running.

My old macbook is Mac Pro Intel Core i9, i bought it three years ago, and now It's still working well, i even did not moving anything heavy apps or data from old macbook to this new one, but the new one seems unstable.

Oct 18, 2023 6:25 PM in response to qui_nguyen

qui_nguyen Said:

"New Macbook Pro M2 panic restarting: It's new Macbook and i just installed some necessary apps, and only `48,33 GB of 494,38 GB used`. How can it happen?"

--------

Get this Serviced or Return it:

I wouldn't know what's on your Mac. But, some people just drag it all over and poomph! They have this issue.

You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limmited-warranty with this. So, see about getting this serviced. Or just return it.

New Macbook Pro M2 panic restarting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.