Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2018 restarts every night because of a problem. Panic report attached.

Hello. So my MacBook Pro restarts every night due to some kind of a problem. I can't figure out the reason from reading the report. Can anyone help me understand if this is a software or an hardware problem?

Thank you!

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 8, 2019 5:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 4:20 PM

Your Mac has experienced an extremely rare panic. I have never seen this posted here before.

But you have modified your already well-protected MacOS by installing this third-party scare-ware, and in my opinion, it is extremely likely to be the DIRECT cause of the panics:

loaded kexts:

com.metakine.handsoff.driver 4.4.0

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2019 4:20 PM in response to Quique_N

Your Mac has experienced an extremely rare panic. I have never seen this posted here before.

But you have modified your already well-protected MacOS by installing this third-party scare-ware, and in my opinion, it is extremely likely to be the DIRECT cause of the panics:

loaded kexts:

com.metakine.handsoff.driver 4.4.0

Nov 12, 2019 2:13 PM in response to Quique_N

Hi there, Quique_N.

I see that your MacBook Pro keeps restarting each night and you get a message that it restarted because of a problem. Good job in including the panic report, and I'm glad to help.

If your Mac restarted because of a problem -- This article provides the information and steps that you need when your Mac experiences a kernel panic.

Take care.

MacBook Pro 2018 restarts every night because of a problem. Panic report attached.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.