My 5 year old can unlock my phone with her face.

My 5 year old (who is my spitting image) can unlock my iPhone 13 with her face even though it’s only set to me.

how is this possible?

I recently discovered a shopping spree she’s gone on for a good while.

and I’m a bit scared it won’t get refunded.

iPhone 13

Posted on Apr 15, 2023 6:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2023 7:17 PM

That's not that improbable for family but unlikely for the general population. About Face ID advanced technology - Apple Support. But, you'll also want to enable a passcode for purchases or guided access when giving over a device (or, simply don't allow your child your device).

2 replies

Apr 15, 2023 6:23 PM in response to Moonmumma

Moonmumma Said:

"My 5 year old can unlock my phone with her face.: My 5 year old (who is my spitting image) can unlock my iPhone 13 with her face even though it’s only set to me. how is this possible? I recently discovered a shopping spree she’s gone on for a good while. and I’m a bit scared it won’t get refunded."

-------

Troubleshooting FaceTime Mismatches:

Reset to Factory Settings:

Set things to default, and then add this back. You'd reset you iPhone to factory settings, as if you were to sell it. Go here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Perform as instructed there, including the backup creation and iCloud logout. Proceed from there with setting it up. The phone number will remain,

My 5 year old can unlock my phone with her face.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.