Changing lock-screen passcode on child’s device.

i want to change the Lock Screen passcode and add Face ID on my child’s iPhone as too many people know his current passcode however, I can’t see how to do it from my phone, and his phone doesn’t seem to have a Face ID/passcode option. I must be missing something - can anyone help please?

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 12:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 1:47 AM

Hey Ellek8,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! I think I might have a solution to the problem. Can you please...

1. Head into Screen Time on your child's iPhone.
  2. Go into Content Restrictions, and if prompted, unlock and/or disable with a passcode for Screen Time. This will only be temporary and you'll be able to lock it later on again.
  3. Scroll down in the list of options and select "Passcode Changes".
  4. Change to Allow.
  5. Exit all the menus until you're back in the main Settings page, and see if "Face ID and Passcode" has shown up.
  6. Follow the steps to change the passcode.

If you have any questions or if those didn't work, feel free to reply to this thread. I hope these help!

Grey360

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2023 1:47 AM in response to Ellek8

Hey Ellek8,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! I think I might have a solution to the problem. Can you please...

1. Head into Screen Time on your child's iPhone.
  2. Go into Content Restrictions, and if prompted, unlock and/or disable with a passcode for Screen Time. This will only be temporary and you'll be able to lock it later on again.
  3. Scroll down in the list of options and select "Passcode Changes".
  4. Change to Allow.
  5. Exit all the menus until you're back in the main Settings page, and see if "Face ID and Passcode" has shown up.
  6. Follow the steps to change the passcode.

If you have any questions or if those didn't work, feel free to reply to this thread. I hope these help!

Grey360

Changing lock-screen passcode on child’s device.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.