Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Contacts icon and iPhone 8

Good morning,

I have an iPhone 8.

When I click on the Contacts icon, a title called Lists opens, then below

iPhone, with all my contacts.

I would like when I click on Contacts, to come across my contacts without seeing the word list.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Carolh34

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 1:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 6:49 AM

Sorry Carolh34.

At the bottom of your 1st screenshot in the original question, I've read iPhone 6 (but obviously that product list is not up to date, and I ignored what you stated in your question = iPhone 8). My fault.

In order to perform a forced restart of an iPhone model 8, these are the correct gestures:

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side (power) button. Only when the Apple logo appears (it might take 10-20 seconds), release that button (ignore all other screens that might appear, the one with the "slider" to turn the device off included).

No, you don't have to click on "lists" on the upper left corner, you must click on "Iphone (tous)" appearing on your screenshot.

If nothing happens after trying a forced restart and/or clickong on iPhone (tous), as already suggested, please contact Apple Support directly:--> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Have a nice Sunday.

Giulio

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2023 6:49 AM in response to CAROLH34

Sorry Carolh34.

At the bottom of your 1st screenshot in the original question, I've read iPhone 6 (but obviously that product list is not up to date, and I ignored what you stated in your question = iPhone 8). My fault.

In order to perform a forced restart of an iPhone model 8, these are the correct gestures:

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side (power) button. Only when the Apple logo appears (it might take 10-20 seconds), release that button (ignore all other screens that might appear, the one with the "slider" to turn the device off included).

No, you don't have to click on "lists" on the upper left corner, you must click on "Iphone (tous)" appearing on your screenshot.

If nothing happens after trying a forced restart and/or clickong on iPhone (tous), as already suggested, please contact Apple Support directly:--> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Have a nice Sunday.

Giulio

Apr 16, 2023 4:04 AM in response to CAROLH34

"Listes" is an option (top left corner) that you cannot erase.

If you accidentally tap on it, the screenshot you posted is appearing.

Have you tried a "forced" restart of your iPhone 6, using these gestures?: Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.

If the issue persists, please contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Contact Apple for support and service

Regards

Giulio

Contacts icon and iPhone 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.