Unable to Use Gift Card Balance for App or In-App Purchases

Hello everyone,

I have about $30 in gift card balance in my Apple account, but every time I try to purchase an app or make an in-app purchase, my iOS device keeps giving me this error message: "The iTunes Store is unable to process gift certificates at this time." This prevents me from successfully making any purchases.

In order to fix this issue, I have already tried the following steps without any success:

-Restarting my device.

-Updating to the latest iOS version.

-Attempting to make a purchase on a different device.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this problem so that I can successfully purchase apps or services? I don't mind using my gift card balance in the account or switching to another payment method. Any advice or solutions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 1:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 1:18 AM

Please check the network connection:

You need to have a good Service and/or Wi-Fi.

If they are On, turn Off Hotspot & VPN.

Charge the battery > 70%.

If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services

If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services - Apple Support

-> If you tried all of the above steps and you still can’t connect, contact Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2023 1:18 AM in response to findtree

Please check the network connection:

You need to have a good Service and/or Wi-Fi.

If they are On, turn Off Hotspot & VPN.

Charge the battery > 70%.

If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services

If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services - Apple Support

-> If you tried all of the above steps and you still can’t connect, contact Apple Support.

Unable to Use Gift Card Balance for App or In-App Purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.