You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote/Pages does not display some fonts

Following the threat Keynote will not display some fonts - Apple CommunityI still have problems with fonts in Keynote. I added the font manually in Font book (it's a Google font called "Heebo"). It's now listed in the fontbook and activated. So on this side, it's seems OK. But when I open a keynote or a Page document, The font doesn't appear in the list (I already restart my computer twice!).

I made this for a further test : I created a doc with another software (a .doc) and I used Heebo there. Then I opened that file with Pages, then Heebo appears on the list but only for that document not for the others.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 3:20 AM

11 replies

Apr 26, 2023 12:30 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Hi Tom,

The first source is Adobe

https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts/heebo

The second source is Google Fonts

https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Heebo

Here is the validation test launched by the Apple Font book :

As you can see there is no problem detected with that font.

But we still cannot use it on all our apple computer in Page and Keynote. Can you give me a support on this please ?

Apr 26, 2023 6:22 AM in response to vrinsben

When you download the Heebo font from Google, it will download a compressed Zip file containing a single variable font (e.g. Heebo-variablefont_wght.ttf, and a folder named static containing a larger collection of Heebo fonts. The variable font contains seven Heebo typefaces and the static fonts are nine. In either case, I created a new folder named Heebo in my /Users/viking/Library/Fonts folder and initially placed the variable font in it alone.

What I found in practice is that at minimum, one must logout and back in to macOS in order for Pages to see the Heebo font, whether the single variable font-face font, or the separate nine static faces, depending on what you copy into that Heebo folder.

Pages 13 on macOS Ventura 13.3.1 using the nine Heebo static fonts:

These nine faces validated correctly in Font Book.

Apr 26, 2023 8:52 AM in response to VikingOSX

Hi VikingOSX

I made a try the way you propose. I downloaded the ZIP file from Google Fonts website, I created a new folder named Heebo in my /Fonts folder and initially placed the variable font Heebo-VariableFont_wght in it alone. The font book recognizes it :

The I shut down my computer and restart it. I opened Pages and Keynote. Still no Heebo in the fonts list :-(

Apr 26, 2023 10:13 AM in response to vrinsben

I didn't bother to reboot, but just to logout. Whether I dragged the Heebo-VariableFont_wght.ttf file into the /Users/viking/Library/Fonts/Heebo folder, or replaced it with the nine static fonts, upon signing back into macOS Ventura, Pages was able to see the fonts in its font viewer (as I displayed above). The fonts must have the .ttf extension on them.

As you observed, years ago when I downloaded the Roboto font from Google, it just worked without needing to cycle logout. It may also predate Google providing variable (*wght.ttf) fonts.

Keynote/Pages does not display some fonts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.