You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod 1st gen

HomePod 1 generation is flashing the + and -. Is there a way to rest it? I tried to hold down the center on the HomePod and it’s just goes red and does not reset.

HomePod

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 8:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 8:10 AM

See Identify status lights on HomePod and HomePod mini - Apple Support. I think this section best matches your description. If you cannot reset the HomePod you may need to contact Official Apple Support.

White flashing light

If a white light is flashing on and off repeatedly on the top of your HomePod or HomePod mini, unplug your HomePod speaker from power, wait 15 seconds, then plug it back in.

If the white flashing light continues, reset your HomePod speaker.

If the white flashing light continues after resetting your HomePod speaker, contact Apple support to set up a repair.

tt2

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 19, 2023 8:10 AM in response to conrado alvarez

See Identify status lights on HomePod and HomePod mini - Apple Support. I think this section best matches your description. If you cannot reset the HomePod you may need to contact Official Apple Support.

White flashing light

If a white light is flashing on and off repeatedly on the top of your HomePod or HomePod mini, unplug your HomePod speaker from power, wait 15 seconds, then plug it back in.

If the white flashing light continues, reset your HomePod speaker.

If the white flashing light continues after resetting your HomePod speaker, contact Apple support to set up a repair.

tt2

HomePod 1st gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.