"Background Items Added" for seemingly nonexistent software

I keep getting alerts related to this printer software. Please help me get rid of these notifications! I don't see anything labeled Epson on my computer. After I stopped using an Epson printer, I deleted everything labeled Epson. That was months ago. I am running macOS Ventura 13.3.1 on a MacBook Air.

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 5:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 3:23 PM

From within System Settings, General, Login Items.....Look for

an entry in the list that has a small 'i' within a circle. You can click on the 'i'

and it will open a finder window to the associated location. 

Or, using Finder, look in and view the files in these locations (using TextEdit) to see if you can spot which 

one it is. (Go to Finder menu ‘Go’ enter /Library). Don't use your library from your username.

You can delete the ones you don’t want but keep them in the Trash Can just in case, so you can restore them if removing them ends up causing other problems.

Login Item Locations:

/Library/LaunchDaemons

/Library/LaunchAgents

And/Or....

/Library/StartupItems

~/Library/LaunchAgents

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2023 3:23 PM in response to rpvron

From within System Settings, General, Login Items.....Look for

an entry in the list that has a small 'i' within a circle. You can click on the 'i'

and it will open a finder window to the associated location. 

Or, using Finder, look in and view the files in these locations (using TextEdit) to see if you can spot which 

one it is. (Go to Finder menu ‘Go’ enter /Library). Don't use your library from your username.

You can delete the ones you don’t want but keep them in the Trash Can just in case, so you can restore them if removing them ends up causing other problems.

Login Item Locations:

/Library/LaunchDaemons

/Library/LaunchAgents

And/Or....

/Library/StartupItems

~/Library/LaunchAgents

"Background Items Added" for seemingly nonexistent software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.