iPhone and iPad not sync notes

I have checked my settings. Is my problem with notes not syncing because my iPhone is iOS 16 and my iPad is iOS 15? My iPad is a mini 4 so it can’t go beyond iOS 15.

iPad mini 4

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 3:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2023 12:54 PM

Solved the sync problem by connecting my phone to a charger and connecting it to WiFi. It slowly updated the notes.

Odd pathway to sync!

Also try this:

Go to your iPhone settings>Notes>Accounts>Fetch New Data>Fetch

Tinker with the method that data is fetched. Automatically or manually.

6 replies

Apr 22, 2023 12:01 PM in response to Farmerjones3

Hi there Farmerjones3,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. In order for your notes to sync between your iPhone and your iPad, you need to sign into the same Apple ID on both, following the steps in Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support on how to do so. Then, make sure the Notes option is selected under Settings > [your name] > iCloud on both devices.

If the above settings are correct on both devices, you can use the remaining steps outlined in If you're missing notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support to troubleshoot the sync issues.

Have a lovely weekend.

Dec 21, 2023 4:10 PM in response to WKYonc

Make sure you check the number of folders you have in Notes, in iCloud on your iPhone and iPad. If the number of files are different then all the folders didn’t sync. Back up iCloud on both devices. If the number of files are different in All iCloud and Notes Folders on your iPhone and iPad, then on your iPad

Go to Settings> (name)> iCloud>show all> Notes Sync this iPad>toggle off and then toggle back on. Depending on the number of notes you have, it may take a few minutes to sync. This just worked for me.

iPhone and iPad not sync notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.